Thursday, June 20, 2024

Reviewing Thinglink

For my final post I will be reviewing Thinglink. It is a tool to easily create multimedia interactive learning materials that are accessible via an integrated reading tool. It focuses on interactive images, videos, 3D models and VR/360° content. It touts itself as an easy to learn and intuitive editor.

After reading Vaughn's Technology Tools instructions I found the idea of what Thinklink is offering as very interesting. I especially like interactive tags that can be added to almost any type of multimedia content. I also noticed it integrates with Canva which good thing we can refer to Andrea's techiesandtalent blog if you need a quick rundown of Canva. 

I can see Thinklink being a huge hit in the classroom with so many young students being accustomed to using electronic devices it only makes sense to cater to what they are already familiar with. Interactive learning modules to help students learn new material just makes sense. Adding quizzes to ensure students are actually interacting and learning will help them progress in any subject. Thinklink could be this generations textbook.

The only downsides I have seen to Thinklink are the time it takes to setup all of your content. If textbook publishers offered Thinklink like textbooks I could see textbook industry changing how they deliver learning content. I would like to see more interactive multimedia content in my classes. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony, Vaughn here. It was awesome to hear what you have to say about ThingLink. I really took a lot of time to research and develop what it had to offer within its multimedia editor as well as its limitations. I even progressed through quite a bit of their"ThingLink Certified Creator Course."

    I honestly did not even think about ThingLink as a potential replacement for what textbooks have to offer. But it makes a lot of sense to say so! Textbooks, by their nature, are absolutely jam-packed with information and explanatory text. Especially in the automotive instruction world, a textbook on a single vehicle system could be documented in volumes of texts and still not be apt. Why I bring this up is that despite this truth, or maybe even because of it, automotive instructors carry out instruction far and beyond the textbook, and do so quite often. So, more to your point, utilizing ThingLink which utilized publisher content, (or is even a publisher supported ThingLink itself), could be an excellent and engaging replacement for traditional textbooks.

    I would LOVE to hear what you think. Both about what I had to say in this comment here and also your thoughts on my example thing link which I developed. If you have the free time of course. As this class comes to a close I will also say that it was great working with you, reading your blog, and engaging in conversation with you. If I don't see you around, PEACE OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Reviewing Thinglink

For my final post I will be reviewing Thinglink. It is a tool to easily create multimedia interactive learning materials that are accessible...